So, I decided to create the tastiest and biggest Italian style meatballs for dinner one evening. It was simple, fast, and you can serve it over pasta or in a sandwich. You could even just enjoy it plain with some ketchup or tomato sauce - it's that good!
Give it a try! Let me know what you think.
Inspired by All Recipes
Yield: 12 meatballs
1 1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried sage
3/4 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine beef, onion, salt through Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
3. Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix until evenly combined.
4. Form into 2-inch meatballs (or smaller if you prefer), and place onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 F until no longer pink in the center, about 20-25 minutes.
6. Serve with marinara sauce over pasta or in a ciabatta roll. Enjoy!