Yes, there are days when I feel so lazy that I don't even want to go out to find food. Sometimes, it's simpler just making dinner yourself. This is a quick and simple way to serve salmon. I love the fresh basil paired with the tangy pineapple and a kick of spicyness from the jalapeño. You can easily serve the salsa over chicken as well. I paired my salmon with some steamed haricot verts, but it can easily go over rice or with a frisée salad.
Seared Salmon with Tangy Pineapple-Basil Salsa
Created in My Kitchen
Yield: 2 servings
2 (7 oz.) salmon fillets
1/4 tsp cumin
1 small shallot
1/2 jalapeño, seeded
1/2 vine tomato, seeded
3 pineapple rings (about 4 Tbsp chopped)
4 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Chop tomato, jalapeño, shallot, and pineapple. Place in a bowl.
2. Add the chopped basil leaves in, and a squeeze of lime.
3. Pour the olive oil in and add some salt an black pepper, to taste.
4. Toss to combine and set aside.
5. Sprinkle cumin, salt and pepper over salmon fillets and pan-sear, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with pineapple-basil salsa. Enjoy!